Here's a quick hit of new features available in each:
The documentation in Knowledgebase will be updated with these new features to coincide with the ship date of 9.0.1 FP9
1) Enhancement Request To Be Able To Increase The Amgr Queue Beyond 100 (SPR #RSTNA4SL7C APARID: LO87242)
The Agent Manager's Eligible queue is now able to change from the lowest value possible at 100, to 255 which is the highest value possible via an INI AMGRMaxQueue.
2) Databases and views can be opened more quickly in databases that are enabled for transaction logging
It takes less time to open databases and views that are at ODS 52 or higher and enabled for transaction logging. Previously, performance for opening databases or views could be slow in frequently updated databases. This improvement is due to the implementation of less contention with update operations.
3) Restricting the use of mail rules to forward messages to external domains (SPR #JPAR9NEACX APARID: LO81771
You can control the extent to which users can use the Send copy to mail rule to automatically forward received messages to external domains that are not recognized by the mail server. This feature does not affect any forwarding rules that are specified in a user's Person document or any other type of mail server
forwarding or re-direction.
4) Enabling and managing inline view indexing
A view index is an internal filing system that Notes® uses to build the list of documents to display in a database view or folder. By default, view indexes are updated on a server at scheduled intervals. To update a view index immediately after documents change instead, administrators can enable inline view indexing. When you enable inline view indexing, a critical view is always kept up-to-date for your users.
5) Updating the default Java from 1.6 to 1.8 on IBM i (SPR #BYAGALM8J8)
1) Delegated mail files are refreshed automatically (SPR #RGAU829D4G APARID: LO48407)
If you have delegate access to another user's mail file, that mail file is refreshed automatically in your Notes® client. To enable this feature, upgrade to the Mail9.ntf template provided with the FP9 Client. No notes.ini setting is required for this feature.
2) Support for recall of messages created with Memo stationary (SPR #JLEN9C9E3G APARID: LO77349)
When message recall is configured on the server, messages created using Memo stationery can now be recalled. To enable this feature, upgrade to the Mail9.ntf template provided with FP9.
3) High resolution support for the Notes® Client
The Notes® client on Windows correctly scales text and icons when high resolution monitors or custom DPI settings are used.
4) Improved name lookup in Notes®
Searching by through typeahead or in the ambiguous name dialog, returns the same results as searching by . For example, searching for don smith or smith don returns the same results, including variants such as Donald, Donovan, Smithfield. To enable this feature, upgrade to the pernames.ntf template provided with 9.0.1 FP9 and add the notes.ini setting AllowWildcardLookup=1 to the Notes® 9.0.1 FP9 client.
5) Improved support for Notes® addressing with mobile directory catalogs (SPR #SAPLAK8ANL)
The list of names that is shown when using typeahead to search a mobile directory catalog is now sorted according to the directory catalog configuration. Names in local contacts follow this list. In addition, the Search Directory for option is available at the end of the list to facilitate server lookup. To enable this feature, add the notes.ini setting $TypeAheadShowDircatFirst = 1 to the Notes® 9.0.1 FP9 client.
There are also updated templates for mail and pernames.ntf that are separate downloads.